The Anarchy of King Stephen
Chargen proceeds as follows:
1. Determine attributes
- Roll FATE dice (available from the DM) or 4d3-8 to determine attributes.
- Attributes are determined in order: STR, CON, DEX, INT, ACU, CHA
- If a character’s total attributes is less than +0, that player may reroll.
- A single attribute swap is permitted, if the player desires.
2. Determine race/class
- The character must meet any prerequisites that the class may have.
- Humans may begin as a Sage, Scoundrel or Swordsman.
- Available non-humans are Dwarf, Elf and Hobbit.
3. Determine skills
- Human characters get one bonus skill
- All characters speak Anglo-Norman plus a language appropriate to their background (Anglo-Saxon, Gaelic, Danish, etc). If a character has an INT of +2 or higher, he speaks one additional language of his choice.
- Characters who have the Linguistics skill speak additional languages as noted in the skill description.
4. Determine feats
- All characters begin with one feat
- Human characters begin with a bonus feat
- Feats may be chosen from the d20 SRD
- Feats from other D&D 3.5 sources may be permitted at the DM’s discretion
- See Feats for notes and changes to SRD feats
5. Determine dependent variables
- Willpower = INT + ACU + CHA
- Fortitude = STR + CON
- Reflex = DEX + INT
- Composure = ACU + CHA
- Defense = 10 + DEX + Dodge
- Perception = 10 + ACU + Observation
- Starting HP = As indicated by chosen class
- Healing Surges = 3 + CON
- Move = 25 + (DEX x 5)
6. Choose Virtues and Vices
7. Sin = 1d10 + 1
8. Purchase gear
- Starting wealth for all classes is 3d8 x 10 shillings (gp)